Healthcare ID standardization is coming to Pennsylvania in 2015
What PA Bill 1482 (2010) means for your organization
- Employee ID must meet state requirements
- Personnel titles must be clearly visible
- Get compliant before the law comes into effect
With many customers in the field, IDenticard keeps close tabs on state and federal healthcare regulations to ensure that our customers are always up to the latest standards. As a business based in Lancaster, PA, we paid special attention to Pennsylvania House Bill 1482 (2010).
What is Pennsylvania House Bill 1482 (2010)?
PA Bill 1482 requires all healthcare personnel to wear an employee badge or identification card while working. The bill specifies that all healthcare providers clearly identify themselves to their patients both at hospitals and at external sites. This bill was signed into law in 2010, and interim regulations for outside providers have already gone into effect. The deadline for hospitals to be compliant is June 1, 2015.
The bill specifies that employee identification credentials must meet certain requirements to be considered compliant with the new regulations. Employee identification must feature:
- A recent photograph of the employee
- The employee’s name
- The employee’s title in large, block text printed in a one-half inch strip on the bottom of the badge
- The name of the healthcare facility or organization
How can my organization become compliant?
Our solutions specialists are familiar with HB 1482 and will work with you to determine what solutions best suit your organization’s needs. With a solution from IDenticard, your employees will be clearly identified. This clear identification will help increase security, make life easier for your patients and get your organization compliant with PA Bill 1482.
Oversized cards can fit all of the information HB 1482 requires
For those seeking a new identification solution to become compliant with HB 1482, IDenticard offers multiple solutions. Our JetPak and JetProx cards are available in sizes larger than standard identification cards. The larger printing area allows for the inclusion of the employee title strip, satisfying HB 1482’s requirements.
- JetPak cards are cards made of a synthetic paper that can be customized using a standard inkjet printer. JetPaks are available in custom sizes and shapes, making it easy to create a JetPak solution with enough space to be compliant with HB 1482. JetPaks can be customized to feature a barcode or magnetic stripe for use with payments or access.
- For facilities that need a proximity card to go along with an identification card, JetProx is the perfect solution. JetProx cards are proximity cards that can be customized using an inkjet printer. The largest size of JetProx has the space necessary for an employee’s photo, name, title and organization name, while JetProx’s built-in prox chip allows the card to be used to open doors as well.
Badge Buddies satisfy HB 1482’s employee title requirement
For facilities with an existing identification card solution that only need to satisfy HB 1482’s employee title requirement, Badge Buddies from IDenticard are an excellent choice. Badge Buddies are made of a durable synthetic paper material and attach to an existing badge with a strap clip or badge reel to create a complete solution that is compliant with HB 1482.
- Badge Buddies use large type and bold colors to make identifying the wearer easy and are available with pre-printed titles like “RN”, “LPN” and “Physician.”
- Create unique Badge Buddies that suit your specific needs using IDenticard’s Design Your Own Badge Buddies tool.